[Mailman-Users] Recipe for (mailman+postfix) <-> exchange?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Aug 29 04:21:41 CEST 2007

On 8/28/07, Morgan Fletcher wrote:

>                                       What else do I have to do to get
>  mail from and to lists.domain.com via Exchange? Some list members would
>  be within our company network, some would be external. We'd make the
>  necessary ports on lists.domain.com accessible to the outside world.

This sounds to me like an Exchange problem.  I'm not sure we can help
you there.

If you wanted to run Mailman with postfix on a publicly accessible
system, that's a very well known and supported configuration -- we do
that for all the mailing lists hosted here on python.org, including
this one.

>  I apologize if this is an inappropriate request. I'm hoping someone here
>  has done this and would be willing to share their recipe. I can share
>  mine once it's working.

Please let us know what kind of success you have.  We can't really
officially support such configurations, but it doesn't hurt us to
have more information we can provide to people when they ask about
them.  At the very least, it can be handy for us to know where to
point people when this question comes up again.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0