[Mailman-Users] Relaying error

Yan Herndon yan at jointtech.com
Mon Aug 27 12:48:28 CEST 2007

Hi all-

I'm having a problem with my lists.  All remote mail stopped being
delivered.

I'm running Plesk 8.2 on CentOS.

Dedicated server.

Mailman was preinstalled.

I have done some googleing.  Well actually my eyes are bleeding from all
the reading.  Seems like the problem is that mailman wants to send mail
as localhost which is not allowed by Qmail.

The lists were working and I'm suspicious of a plesk update that
happened a couple days ago via the updater.  I know plesk isn't your
responsibility but thought you may know something.

The smtp-error log contains many similar entries to this:

Aug 12 07:55:55 2007 (3353) : {'iitgr at DOMAIN.edu': (553, "sorry, that
domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)")}, msgid:
<mailman.58.1186919753.3350.list at mydomain.com>

Aug 12 07:55:55 2007 (3353) delivery to iitgr at domain.edu failed with
code 553: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts
(#5.7.1)

Thanks,

Yan Herndon

Director of Technology