[Mailman-Users] a few questions about the NNTP gateway

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Aug 27 03:19:07 CEST 2007

Brad Knowles wrote:
> There's no way we can possibly track down every single developer on
> every single platform that is creating localized patches for Mailman
> on their platform.  The only way this process can possibly work is
> if they use our mechanisms to send their patches to us.

FWIW, I was not suggesting that the Mailman developer's track down the
Debian maintainers (or any other packagers).  I only provided the
links to the Debian info in case someone on this list wanted to
contact them and ask about the patches they have.

I don't follow the developer list so I don't know if any of the Debian
maintainers are on it or if they've submitted any non-debian-specific
patches to the Mailman developers.

If they haven't, then I think they're being quite negligent -- as,
apparently, does the Debian policy guidelines.

Nothing says, "Obey me!" like a bloody head on a fence post.
    -- Stewie Griffin