[Mailman-Users] unpack list of wrong size - debugging a single list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Aug 19 07:30:37 CEST 2007

chris burgess wrote:

>It was as you suggested - a message with an attachment containing an
>apostrophe in the filename. This had also knocked out a list a year
>ago, and the cause was identical (but we didn't find the solution for
>that list until now).
>
>Is this bug #1518281 on SF, or if not, which release of Mailman fixes
>this? I'd like to be able to get my Mailman install (currently Debian
>stable's 2.1.5-8sarge5) fixed for that specific bug - it's the only
>thing which has knocked service out on our listserver in several years
>:)

Yes, it is bug #1518281, but this bug is not completely/correctly fixed
until Mailman 2.1.9 and it's associated email 2.5.8 library.

Mailman 2.1.7 and up contain a fix to prevent this type of error,
regardless of cause, from blocking regular delivery, although errors
can still block digest delivery.