[Mailman-Users] spam rule not stopping

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Aug 18 23:48:06 CEST 2007

Martin S wrote:

>> > mail
>> >

>> > What is the action for this rule?
>> >
>> > With default spamassassin settings (which uses an asterisk (*), not an
>> > x), I would use the following regexp (they are case insensitive).
>> >
>> > ^x-spam-level: \*\*\*\*
>> >
>> > to match any X-Spam-Level: header that has 4 or more asterisks. See
>> > <http://docs.python.org/lib/re-syntax.html>.
>> >
>> > I have "Discard" as the action. Changed to your suggested syntax, I'll
>> see if things improve.
>

>Apparently it doesn't - I still get highly classed spam mail on the list.
>(X-Spam-Level is over 7)

Are you using method 2) of
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.023.htp>,
(i.e. the SpamAssassin.py handler as described at
<http://www.jamesh.id.au/articles/mailman-spamassassin/>)?

If so, and if you have installed it as described, you can't use
header_filter_rules to catch spamassassin flagged messages because the
documentation says to put

GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(1, 'SpamAssassin')

in mm_cfg.py which processes the message through spamassassin after
header_filter_rules have been processed. If you want to apply
header_filter_rules to the spamassassin processed message, you need

GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(0, 'SpamAssassin')

instead.