[Mailman-Users] hold_these_nonmembers

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Aug 10 19:09:04 CEST 2007

On 8/10/07, Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

>  My concern with going that route is twofold:
>
>         1. Stability over future upgrades

I believe that Mark has already said that this patch (or something
very much like it) will be added to the official Mailman code in the
near future, so I would think that the only problem might be that
it's not incorporated in the very next version and that you might
have to re-apply the patch when you upgrade.

>         2. I know the list-admins, and I do not trust all of them to get
>            a two step process right every time.

Fair enough.

>  Would my solution work?

Let's go back to that:

|                                                        ... I can extract
| membership lists with the list_members command (using sort and uniq to
| fix any duplications) and then add them using config_list.

As far as this goes, it does seem like it should work.

| Is this a sane plan?  Will the world end if someone is both a member and
| is in the hold_these_nonmembers list,

The world should not end, and Mailman should not crash.

|                                       or can I use one single master
| list of "everyone"? Which takes precendence?

You should be able to have a master list of "everyone", but I
couldn't tell you which takes precedence.  You'd need to hear from
Mark, Tokio, or Barry on that.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0