[Mailman-Users] preventing mailto and http links in archives, trimming hotmail footers etc.

BobLaJolla at aol.com BobLaJolla at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 09:52:57 CEST 2007

Is there a setting to turn off the mailto and URL embedding of  links in the
web archive of list mail?  I have added the anti-spam  harvesting patch, and
these are less than useful now.

Also, I noticed the email addresses have a superfluous underscore  prepended
to them in the archives (e.g., __user at aol.com_ (mailto:_user at aol.com) ).  Is
that a common bug, and  where might I track that down?

Finally, is there a patch or setting to kill the common footers  that some
mailers (like Hotmail) append to their outgoing emails?  For  example, aol
generously adds the footer below:

"...Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at..."  etc.

Any way to automatically trim the most common of these before they  get to
the subscribers and archive?

Thanks...!  :o)