[Mailman-Users] problems with mailman v2.1.5

John W. Baxter jwblist3 at olympus.net
Fri Aug 10 01:43:08 CEST 2007

On 8/9/07 2:54 PM, "Mario Silva" <msilva at nmcourts.com> wrote:

> I have this problem with mailman.
>

> When a person who is not member of a list, the manager of the list gets the
> message to approve the delivery of the message, but when a member of the
> list send a message, the message just gets disappears, the message never
> gets to the list.
>

> I deleted the list then recreate it, it worked just for a day, but at the
> next day the list was broken again, I am going to recreate de list again,
> but I do not want to come tomorrow at office and then to do the same
> procedure, obviously there¹s something wrong but to be honest I don¹t know
> if the problem might be something related with the mailman version and
> probably I should update it, but first I need to be sure.

Once the list has become broken, have the ownership and/or permissions
changed?  Are the Mailman queue runners still running?

One possibility is that a helpful overnight job is "improving" things.  If
not improving permissions, then perhaps stopping the Mailman queue runners
for some reason and not restarting them.

(I thought first of the permissions, so wrote that first.  But the queue
runners are easier to check and perhaps more likely, so if it were me I'd
look at that first.)

  --John