[Mailman-Users] hold_these_nonmembers

Par Leijonhufvud par at hunter-gatherer.org
Thu Aug 9 20:30:44 CEST 2007

I have a group of lists on a server, all for different parts of an
organisation. What I would like is a way to set things up such that when
someone who is a meber of one list posts to another the message is held
for moderation. Due to spam load the generic_nonmember_action is
currently set to reject, otherwise that would be a solution.

I can't find a "native" solution in the web interface, but I can extract
membership lists with the list_members command (using sort and uniq to
fix any duplications) and then add them using config_list.

Is this a sane plan?  Will the world end if someone is both a member and
is in the hold_these_nonmembers list, or can I use one single master
list of "everyone"? Which takes precendence?

/Par

Par Leijonhufvud                               par at hunter-gatherer.org
Can we skip the boring intelligent part of the debate and save time by
jumping straight to the ad hominems?            -- Simon Cozens