[Mailman-Users] antispam patch, and private archives not found

BobLaJolla at aol.com BobLaJolla at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 01:30:55 CEST 2007

In a message dated 8/3/2007 2:01:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, BobLaJolla
writes:

Hi - I've been working on the anti-spam harvest patch to  dynamically X out
the addresses in the mailman archives via the private.py  script, but have been
running across an error.  After putting in the  httpd.conf rewrite rule, I
get the error:

Private archive file not found

This is generated from the patched portion of the private.py  script, so it
looks like I have the patch applied properly, but the private  script can't for
some reason locate the archive.  Checking the  /archives/private directory,
the list I'm referencing does indeed appear in  there.  However, checking the
error log in /mailman/logs I  see

Private archive file not found:  /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/list/

What is "list" supposed to be?  This /list/ doesn't  exist as either a
directory or a symlink  in the private (or public)  archives directory - has mailman
been rewritten since this patch came out to  no longer use this
link/directory?  Or have I installed the build or the  patch incorrectly?

Any insight into my problem?

Thanks  :o)

I have made some progress on this issue, apparently the antispam  patch was
munging a variable for the list name or URL, and instead of looking  for the
actual list archive named "clist" I was testing, it looked for  "list".  It
seems to be taking the first letter off the list name, and thus  for a list
entitled "events" was showing in my error log as

Private archive file not found:  /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/vents/

Admittedly I can't program much Python, but any idea where I might  look for
the mangling of this list name in the private.py script (I don't think  it's
from the rewrite rule the patch had me insert in the httpd.conf  file)?

Thoughts?