[Mailman-Users] customizing pages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Aug 3 22:57:37 CEST 2007

Wes wrote:

>I've found where I can change most of the pages.  Here's a summary of
>the flow, with notes on which of the pages can be changed or not:
<snip>
>3. text of confirmation email (cannot be changed)

This is the verify.txt template. It cannot be edited via the list admin
web UI, but you might be able to convince your host to install an
edited template for your list. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>
for the info you need to explain it to them. You can get a copy of the
base template to edit by going to
<http://codebrowse.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/files/>
and browsing to templates/en/verify.txt.

>4. page seen after clicking confirmation link in the email (cannot be
>changed)

This is built on the fly in the CGI confirm module. It can only be
changed by hacking the code, a process that would be difficult if the
changes were not to apply to all lists in the installation.

>5. page seen after clicking "yes subscribe me" on the page mentioned
>above (cannot be changed)
>(this page contains another link to the "user specific options Page")

Same comment as 4)