[Mailman-Users] Fw: problem in Makefile for mailman

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Aug 2 17:46:30 CEST 2007

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> This is not our Makefile. I can only guess that it is a FreeBSD port
> Makefile.
>
> > But after installation (FreeBSD 6.2, /usr/ports/mail/mailman) when I send

Yep, it's a FreeBSD port.  While I run both free and open bsd, I've found
that there are a few things better installed from original source.
Mailman is one of them.  The only thing that the port really gives is
the uname/group consistent with fbsd standards. You can easily pull that
out of the makefile.

(ISTR that the tcl port lags the actual release a bit, too. Can't think
of the others off hand.)

z!