[Mailman-Users] Moderation Flag off but still needing to approve?

Jamie Lists jamielist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 20:03:59 CEST 2007

We started using mailman for announce only mailing list for our school
district. We have all the subscribers setup to be moderated so they
can't post to the list.

The school principals and school secretaries are subscribers as well
but have the moderation bit turned off.

For some reason when they post I still have to goto a web-page and
approve the request.

I listed them as moderators and also as admin yet I still have to goto
the web page and approve the request. Is there anyway around this?
(other than adding a password to the email header)

We just need a list where a specified list of people can post to send
news to our parents, without me having to intervene for every email
they want to send out.

I've google searched this, searched for "announce only" in the mailman
list archives and read the FAQ here
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all

Thanks,
Jamie