[Mailman-Users] Quick question about spam filtering

Jason LaMar jrlamar at owu.edu
Fri Apr 27 16:12:00 CEST 2007

Lately, our Mailman lists have been getting more "self-addressed" junk
messages -- that is, listname at whatever.com gets spam that is spoofing
listname at whatever.com as the sender.

In the spam filtering interface, what would be the easiest regex combination
to ensure that, as an example, listname at whatever.com would automatically
discard any "self-addressed" messages in this manner? One of the related
complications seems to be that the sender (From) name identity is always
different -- but the @ address is always the same, of course.

This is probably really easy, but I'm still a regular expression novice.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason LaMar
Director of Information Services
Ohio Wesleyan University | Delaware, OH 43015
IP Tel: 740-368-3131 | AIM/Yahoo IM: jasonrlamar
Fax: 740-368-3272 | Web: http://www.owu.edu/