[Mailman-Users] Setting the FONT globally for the mailman GUI?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Apr 25 08:55:33 CEST 2007

Dragon writes:

 > Yes, it could be done now, but it requires changes to the mailman
 > code that generates the page.

But the header I'm talking about is an *HTTP* header.  It seems
plausible that it requires only *one* change to the routine that
marshals the headers or to the httpd configuration, giving a mildly
enormous increase in flexibility.  And it would be a very safe change
for the distribution: simply provide an empty style sheet as default.
IIRC that HTTP header has a rather low precedence in the cascade.

Being suboptimal doesn't prevent it from being pretty useful.<wink>

 > As for the CSS link header, IE does respect such links, why should
 > it not?

Experience shows that Microsoft products don't always conform to
standards, and I can't say that in this case IE does from my own
knowledge, that's all.  My point is simply that the browsers whose
behavior needs tweaking should be checked before going to the effort
of making that change.