[Mailman-Users] Placing a list member on "hold"

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 20 00:38:10 CEST 2007

Karl Zander wrote:

>Is there a away to place a list member on "hold".  That
>is, set them to "nomail" and prevent them from logging in
>to change back to getting mail.  Of course we can
>unsubscribe the member.  We have a need to sometimes
>review a member's membership status on the lists.  The
>list administrators would like to temporarily place them
>on hold without have to unsubscribe them while this review
>is underway.

Not really. A list admin can set a member to nomail and change the
members password so the member can't log in, but there's no way for a
list admin without additional access to the Mailman installation to
find the original password before changing it so it can be changed
back.

Also, members could still post even though set to nomail so you'l
probably need to moderate them too.