[Mailman-Users] List owner changes anomalies

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu Apr 19 22:32:41 CEST 2007

On Apr 19, 2007, at 3:30 PM, David Southwell wrote:

> This seems to be a bug where the [list-owner_ID] is not being properly
> maintained. I realize I have a possible clue that may help someone
> who is
> familiar with mailman's logic. The original email address for the
> owner was
> given in error. It was an email address that would not have been
> validatable!
> Does that help anyone to get to the bottom of this?

Can you please post the result of

   ls -la mailman/data

As I understand things, you installed mailman from FreeBSD ports.  Am
I correct in that assumption?

If you did, did you modify the Makefile or use any special settings
when installing?

Did you use the Postfix option when installing mailman from ports?

If so the mailman wrapper should have been compiled with mail-gid=nobody

Did you also install postfix from ports?  Did you modify the
installation process at all?  Postfix (at least the version installed
with ports on FreeBSD is happy  to have the various aliases files and
databases owned by "nobody"

Anyway, answering these questions should help clear things up.
Especially give that directly listing I asked for.

Cheers,

-j