[Mailman-Users] Importing archives again

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at pauahtun.org
Thu Apr 19 18:53:35 CEST 2007

Hi All--
There's a FAQ entry on importing archives.  However, if the
instructions are followed, the existing list.mbox would be overwritten
with an old archive.  That surely cannot be right.  Can I put it
someplace else in order to import it?  Shouldn't I lock the list while
running bin/arch?

I've got seven years worth of archives to do for as many lists, so I'd
really like to get this right.  I'd be happy to edit the FAQ once I
know the proper steps.  (And if I missed the answers in my admittedly
cursory search of the mailman-users archives, they should still be
inserted into the FAQ.)

Thanks all.

Metta,
Ivan