[Mailman-Users] virtual doman set up with ensimpro x and duplicatemsgs

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 18 02:51:20 CEST 2007

Bill Putt wrote:

>i'd like to solve that, but that's not my main issue. my MAIN issue is users
>are getting 2 to 4 duplicate msgs every time some one posts. this happens
>weather it is a new post or a reply to a post, so it's not a problem that is
>solved by checking ...
>
>Filter out duplicate messages to list members

That doesn't do much anyway. All it does is tell Mailman to not send to
a member whose address is in a To:, Cc:, Resent-To: or Resent-Cc:
header of the message.

>which has been checked from the start. the duplicates arrive any where from
>1 to 5 minutes after the 1st msg arrives. some are the full msg, some are
>completely blank, and some say...
>
><<< No Message Collected >>>

Mailman isn't creating duplicates per se. Either the incoming MTA is
delivering the same message to Mailman more than once, or there is
some smtp glitch between Mailman and the outgoing MTA causing Mailman
to retry sending a message which has been accepted by the MTA, or the
problem doesn't involve Mailman at all.

Check Mailman's smtp and smtp-failure logs and the MTA logs and the
Received headers in the duplicated messages.