[Mailman-Users] DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY

kalin mintchev kalin at el.net
Tue Apr 17 05:36:55 CEST 2007

hi all...

i'm really tired of clients batching over the subscription confirmation:
"but why?", "nobody will do it and we goanna lose people?", "it's to
difficult", "can we do it without it?!", "our list is special..", etc,
etc...

so i did change the settings in Defaults.py but it's still asking for
confirmation...  what am i doing wrong?

in the mm_cfg.py it says:

from Defaults import *

so that should take care of it if i change it in Defaults.py?!?

relevant section from Defaults.py:

#

Yes = yes = On = on = True
No = no = Off = off = False

# SUBSCRIBE POLICY
# 0 - open list (only when ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE is set to 1) **
# 1 - confirmation required for subscribes
# 2 - admin approval required for subscribes
# 3 - both confirmation and admin approval required
#
# ** please do not choose option 0 if you are not allowing open
# subscribes (next variable)
### DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY = 1
DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY = 0

# Does this site allow completely unchecked subscriptions?
#### ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE = No
ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE = 1  ### => i tried Yes, True, yes

.... then restart the runners ......

how, if at all, can i do this per list and not for the whole site?!

thanks....