[Mailman-Users] Virtual hosts

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Apr 14 15:55:44 CEST 2007

At 4:57 PM +0900 4/13/07, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>  Right, my point is that readers of the Mailman FAQ are are there
>  because they're thinking "Mailman 'should' be able to do something
>  about this", but as I understand it (I haven't actually had to deal
>  with, so I haven't seen it "in the wild") you've saying the rewriting
>  could be happening *anywhere*, so there's not much that Mailman can
>  do.

Correct.  There's nothing that Mailman can do to help with this situation.

>  So site admins need to make sure via the DNS, not Mailman, that what
>  goes out is what is going to come back.  Right?

Also correct.  But we need something in our FAQ to identify what the
real problem is and what the appropriate admins will have to do,
because Mailman administrators will certainly be affected by this
kind of thing, even if there's nothing they can do to prevent it.