[Mailman-Users] confirmation problems

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Apr 8 10:59:34 CEST 2007

Bill Bedford writes:
 > I am getting a number of confirmations failing with SMTP errors similar
 > to this
 >
 > Out: 220 mousa.uk.com ESMTP Postfix

Your mailer is Postfix, good ...

 >  In:  HELO smtp806.mail.ukl.yahoo.com
 >  Out: 250 mousa.uk.com
 >  In:  MAIL FROM:<xxxxxxxx at btopenworld.com>
 >  Out: 250 Ok
 >  In:  RCPT TO:<bbmodels-confirm+9cb3f11ed497099e1a64a5c4e87f08dee4b6448e at mousa.uk.com>
 >  Out: 550 <bbmodels-confirm+9cb3f11ed497099e1a64a5c4e87f08dee4b6448e at mousa.uk.com>:
 >      Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
 >  In:  QUIT

 > I presume this is a mailer (Outlook?) problem, but can anyone suggest a
 > work around?

This is almost certainly a Postfix problem.  The feature that
recognizes "additional data" in the mailbox name (ie, the
"+9cb3f11e..." confirmation code) is apparently turned off.

Or it's possible that your aliases are configured incorrectly so that
"bbmodels-confirm" is not recognized as a local address.