[Mailman-Users] kwotidian.com

Fred Leber fred at kwotidian.com
Wed Apr 4 17:25:26 CEST 2007

Dear Mailman Users,

I am looking to put together a small team for Kwotidian.com, a startup which will create and distribute bilingual language development email. Kwotidian will use Mailman and we need 1-3 persons to handle the technical side.

The idea for Kwotidian began with a company named Wordburger in 1999. Wordburger sent out bite-size, witty, bilingual language lessons. Subscribers learned a few useful English words each day. Wordburger grew rapidly to 140,000 subscribers who wanted to learn or improve their English, 95% of whom were in non-English speaking countries. Our most successful edition was the Chinese, with 55,000 subscribers. We shut down in 2001 because our primary revenue model at that time was advertising and the reputation of internet advertising had gone down the drain. Now we intend to try again. The goal is not to have hundreds of thousands of subscribers  -  it is to have millions of subscribers.  Kwotidian.com needs a small team whose essential ingredient is enthusiasm and energy. Mailman and html experience would be good and experience with international character set encodings would be desirable but not essential.

Kwotidian is not yet operational but the basic idea and a sample Kwotidian daily message can be seen at kwotidian.com.

Please get in touch with me if you are interested. I will be glad to provide more details.

Fred Leber
Williamstown, Massachusetts USA
fred at kwotidian.com