[Mailman-Users] Do I need to be on this list to be on other lists?

Michael Hodgson michael_shanti at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 20:49:56 CEST 2007

I am trying to get on the "new-imc" list, but somehow I got here, and so far have not gotten emails from that email list. Can anyone help me? I don't think I belong here :p

Patrick Bogen <pdbogen at gmail.com> wrote:  On 4/2/07, Con Wieland wrote:
> I have found the following bad address using ./find_member -l sscm-l
> "[^\w\-+ at .%]":
>
> constance.frei^M
> constance.frei at lettres.unige.ch found in:
> sscm-l
'^M' is the control character for a carriage return. With bash, doing:
~$ foo '
> '

will let you type a literal carriage return. This is :
(1) Type your command
(2) Type a single quote ( ' )
(3) Type anything before the line break
(4) Press enter, as if you were going to execute the command
(5) Bash gives you the '> ' prompt; type anything after the line break
(6) Type the closing single quote ( ' )
(7) Press enter, or type in more arguments.

--
- Patrick Bogen

Security Policy: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.027.htp

Better to ask forgiveness than permission.