[Mailman-Users] Getting users to confirm

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Mon Apr 2 20:55:55 CEST 2007

I run list for some very non-technical users, with my site being
their only experience with any MLM system for many of them.

The single biggest problem that I have is that users fail to
recognize that they need to act on confirmation requests.  As far as
I can tell, they treat the confirmation request as an actual
confirmation that everything is done.

Where would I go about changing the subject line of the confirmation
requests, and what would people recommend.

Am I the only experiencing this?  I believe that I've made things
clear to users on my static pages

   http://lists.shepard-families.org/

and in all of the administrative messages I send to the list.  But
this just doesn't seem to be enough.

Also is there a way to get a listing of all things pending
confirmation (not just subscriptions, but address changes as well)?

-j