[Mailman-Users] Removing member with <CR> in key - was:(no subject)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 2 20:32:37 CEST 2007

Con Wieland wrote:

>I have found the following bad address using ./find_member -l sscm-l
>"[^\w\-+ at .%]":
>
>constance.frei^M
>constance.frei at lettres.unige.ch found in:
>      sscm-l
>
>On the web page the address appears as:
>
>constance.frei constance.frei at lettres.unige.ch
>
>when using list_members <listname> I get
>
>constance.frei
>constance.frei at lettres.unige.ch
>
>  have tried using the examples in the FAQ "3.13. How do I remove a
>user name or email address with an illegal character in it?" to remove:
>
>constance.fre
>constance.frei^M
>constance.frei constance.frei at lettres.unige.ch
>constance.frei^Mconstance.frei at lettres.unige.ch
>
>All produced errors.
>Any help would be appreciated

First, did you see and try the following from FAQ 3.13

Before trying the method(s) below, first try

 % bin/list_members -i listname

If that lists the addresses you want removed, try

 % bin/list_members -i listname | bin/remove_members -f - listname

If that doesn't work, try the following withlist fragment

 >>> m.removeMember("""constance.frei
 ... constance.frei at lettres.unige.ch""")
 >>> m.Save()
 >>> ^D