[Mailman-Users] "Connection Refused" errors in smtp-failure

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Mon Apr 2 13:12:51 CEST 2007

On 4/2/07 5:59 AM, Dov Zamir at linux at zamirfamily.com wrote:

> The problem is an inability
> to connect to 'localhost'. I added the host
ip address to mm_cfg.py and
> solved th problem.
Now I'm trying to figure out why I can't access localhost
> on port 25.

Is sendmail configured to listen on localhost (127.0.0.1) as well the host's
TCP/IP address. I'm have very little sendmail experience (and what I have is
years ago) but I know for some of the other MTAs you must explicitly
configure it to listen to localhost separately from the outside TCP/IP
address.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com