[Mailman-Users] reconfigure mailman issue

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 29 04:07:50 CEST 2006

chris fergus wrote:

>"dpkg-reconfigure mailman --with groupname=<groupn>
>

>The above string just spits out the help file (which isn't much help).
>

>I've tried several other syntax options with no success. I have googled
>every site I can think of that would give me the correct syntax.

This is a Debian packaging issue, not a Mailman issue per-se. You may
have better luck on a Debian list.

That said, perhaps you can attack this from the other side by changing
the group that Exim uses. See
<http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html> for information on
configuring Exim to integrate with Mailman including specifying the
user and group with which to invoke the Mailman wrapper.

You didn't really say if this was an MTA/wrapper mismatch or a web
server/wrapper mismatch, but if it is the web server, you can address
that in the web server config too.