[Mailman-Users] OS X & Mailman & Python

Stubbs Jeff jstubbs456 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 17:04:43 CEST 2006

Greetings List,

Got a question. I picked up another Mac, so I'm going to rebuild my
list server from scratch, using Postfix 2.3.3 and Mailman 2.1.9. The
default python install supplied by Apple is version 2.3.5. Last week
or so , I noticed the version 2.4.3 was available from the Python
website in an OS X installer. This morning, I noticed that the 2.5
version was available. (whew, the developers must be sucking in the
coffee).

All things being equal, would Mailman benefit from using the 2.5
version as opposed to Apple's 2.3.5?

The old server seemed to run fine, but I wouldn't mind upgrading
python, if it wasn't going to be problematic.

Thanks,

Jeff

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.
      -- J. Robert Oppenheimer