[Mailman-Users] MySQL or other backends

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 17:01:18 CEST 2006

On 9/25/06, Jeremy Leonard <Jeremy at elite4god.com> wrote:
> Does Mailman support using MySQL, LDAP or another SQL server for a backend?

I believe there's a third-party patch/addon to use MySQL for storing
membership information, although I think list configurations (and
almost certainly archives) are still stored on the filesystem.

Try searching for 'mailman mysql member adapter'.

It would probably be fairly easy to modify this to use a different SQL
server. Theoretically, LDAP, as well, although that would likely be a
more extensive rewrite.

If you're interested in storing *all* data on a MySQL server, you're
out of luck as far as I know.

--
- Patrick Bogen