[Mailman-Users] Daily admin post -- can it be weekly? (for low traffic lists)

Bretton Vine bretton at hivemind.net
Wed Sep 27 09:31:54 CEST 2006

A question that's come up from list administrators is the issue of the daily
administrative mail they get. In situations where the list is really low
volume (yet somehow the listname finds itself in a spam database) the list
owner is spending X minutes a day discarding these mails while the list
itself may only get a legitimate mail once a week (or even less).

I've noted that this is just the way things are intended with options being:

 [ ] get administrative mail for every request
 [ ] get a once a day mailing
 [ ] 'forget' administrative requests older than X days

However this has been deemed insufficient as an answer. Is it possible to
make some lists send out admin requests only one a week as opposed to daily?

(some context)
* some list admins just ignore the daily mailing no matter what
* others [from majordomo background] don't necessarily use all the available
  options, which means the same spammer keeps sending to the list
* some flat out refuse to have to do constant admin work on a low volume
  list
--
| Bretton Vine | 083 633 8475 | bretton at hivemind.net |
| GPG: http://bretton.hivemind.net/bretton_vine.asc  |

One day a mother comes home from work and asks her son, "What did you do
today?" The son replied, "I taught our dog how to play the piano." The
mother, incredulous, asked, "Our dog can play the piano?", to which the son
laughed and replied, "Of course not mom. I said that I taught him; I didn't
say that he learned how."