[Mailman-Users] Re confirming subscriptions

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:36:37 CEST 2006

On 9/26/06, Duncan Gordon <duncan at gordon.co.za> wrote:
> I can however ask my service provider to change the code for me...
>
> Any suggestions?

There are probably several ways to do it. Some that come to mind are:

(1) Adding a new state value to subscriptions for 'unconfirmed,' and
then adding the appropriate infrastructure (e.g., to the web interface
and/or the email command processor) for uses to confirm. (This is
probably fairly difficult/complex)

(2) Setting all users to delivery disabled, and sending out an email
informing them that they need to 'reconfirm' by reenabling delivery
(with instructions) (This may not be as 'neat' as you want, but
doesn't actually require code changes, just the use of command-line
utilities)

P.s., please make sure to reply on-list, so that other, more
knowledgable people, can weigh in, as well.

--
- Patrick Bogen