[Mailman-Users] Mailman just stopped

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Sep 25 22:18:05 CEST 2006

Carconni wrote:

>First, thank you Mr. Sapiro for all the help you provide us.  I couldn't have gotten as far as I have with my mailmain program without you.

You're welcome.

>Out of desperation, I backed up the inbox (/private/var/mailman/qfiles/in) and dumped it and the lists just started working again.  I've started moving mail back little by little and everything seems to be okay now.

Strange. I wouldn't expect a problem in the 'in' queue to stop Mailman.
If you find a problem entry, please report the details.

>I'm still not sure what happened.  Aside from the logs I've already posted, there was nothing else to indicate what went wrong.  I will however look into rebuilding my mailman install if you believe that the installation should recoginize gb2312.

I think it should, but it is the Python installation, not Mailman that
should recognize gb2312 encoding. It is not necessary to fix this
unless you find that these messages are in fact the cause of your
problem, but I think they should have just been moved to qfiles/shunt
by Mailman and not be causing a further problem. You can look at the
entries in qfiles/shunt with bin/show_qfiles or bin/dumpdb, and if
they are unwanted, just remove them.