[Mailman-Users] Mail going to list archives but not to list!

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Sep 23 02:11:38 CEST 2006

Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:

>To follow up to my own post:
>I have rebooted twice and restarted twice
>I see no interesting error messages in any logs
>A few messages occasionally are getting through
>I have read the FAQ but found nothing applicable.
>
>If there's a MIME message gunking up the works, where *is* it? The qfiles
>subdirectories are all empty

If the qfiles/* directories are all empty, Mailman has nothing to do.
Are there new posts being archived and not being sent to the list?

You previous report indicated that posts were being archived, but were
sitting in qfiles/out and not being delivered. This is a symptom of
OutgoingRunner not processing or some problem between OutgoingRunner
and the outgoing MTA, but then you ran "bin/unshunt qfiles/out" which
may have caused the loss of all the queued, outgoing messages.

Now you may have a different symptom.

There is probably not a message gunking up the works. If there is one,
it is most likely in lists/<listname>/digest.mbox, but the symptom of
that is different from what you've reported.