[Mailman-Users] Mail going to list archives but not to list!

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Sep 23 01:57:09 CEST 2006

Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:

>After working fine for a month, my mailman install broke this morning  (I
>know something must have changed but I can't see what!) Mail sent to lists
>ends up in /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/out . If I run unshunt, nothing
>changes. If I run unshunt /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/out, the files go away
>from the qfiles directory but no mail is received by the users.

unshunt should only be run to move files from qfiles/shunt back to
their original queue after fixing the problem that caused them to be
shunted in the first place. The optional directory argument to unshunt
is intended for cases where you've moved files from qfiles/shunt to
some other (non-queue) directory. Running unshunt on a qfiles/
directory other than qfiles/shunt at best will do nothing and at worst
will result in lost messages (as it apparently did here).

>I am not getting any error messages relating to this in any file that I can
>see. Nothing in any file in /usr/local/mailman/logs, nothing in any system
>or mail error files.

Are there entries in the files in /usr/local/mailman/logs? If so, what
is in 'error', 'qrunner', 'smtp' and 'smtp-failure' whether you think
it's relevant or not. If not, then your Mailman logs are somewhere
else. Look at the LOG_DIR setting in Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py.