[Mailman-Users] Customization for one-way announcement list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 22 21:45:23 CEST 2006

Jimmy wrote:

>We are looking at the
>confirm.py script and have several questions.
>
>1.  We want to remove the 3 links (with reference to the administrative and
>overview) but keep the Logos in the footer.  We saw a function:
>doc.additem(mlist.Getmailmanfooter()) and was wondering where is the module
>which contains actual code of the Getmailmanfooter.  Or is there another
>easier way to do what we want?

In general, use grep to answer questions like this. In this case

grep -r GetMailmanFooter Mailman/*

will produce among other output

HTMLFormatter.py:    def GetMailmanFooter(self):

>2.  We noticed there are also a confirm.pyc and confirm.pyo file.  Does the
>system auto-update those when you make changes to confirm.py?

Yes and no. Normally, if the .py file is newer than the .pyc, python
will automatically compile the .py file and update the .pyc (compiled)
file. If python has been run with the -O (optimize) option, it will do
the same with the .pyo file. If python has not been run with -O, it
ignores the .pyo file.

In short, you don't have to be concerned about this.