[Mailman-Users] list management - no subscribtion possible? - Onlysome moderated should be able to post, possible too?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Sep 20 04:34:36 CEST 2006

Torsten Krah wrote:

>Hello, is it possible to get it configured that no one can subscribe to
>the list - all subscribtion have to be done by an admin?
>
>I can choose confirm, approval or both - but is there a way to get
>"none" ( beside blocking the webinterface for subscrption or removing
>the subscribe alias at MTA level ) ?

Without doing the above or modifying code, the closest you can come is
to require approval and let the admin approve or reject the requests.

>Is there also a way to have a moderated list, where only some of them
>are allowed to post ( and to be moderated ) - one way lists or
>announcements should only be made by  a few people but many are on the
>list which should not be able to post something ( which have to be
>moderated to be discarded or rejected ).

So you want the authorized posters posts to be held for moderation and
other members posts to be automatically discarded or rejected, correct?

The only way to do this that I can think of is to have the authorized
posters post from an alias which is not a list member and moderate all
the members. Then set member_moderation_action to reject or discard
and set generic_nonmember_action to hold. This may not be a solution
if you don't want to deal with nonmember posts which aren't from
authorized posters.