[Mailman-Users] Variables interpretation in archive templates

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Sep 20 04:09:59 CEST 2006

Frederik Questier wrote:

>I can get adaptions of the templates nicely working,
>but I can't get any of these interpreted:
>
>%(datestr_html)s   in mailman/templates/en/archidxentry.html
>%(description)s    in mailman/templates/en/archtocnombox.html
>%(subject_prefix)s in mailman/templates/en/archtocnombox.html
>
>Will things like these (examples from mailman as distributed) *do* work:
>%(datestr_html)s in mailman/templates/en/article.html
>%(subject_html)s in mailman/templates/en/article.html
>%(description)s  in mailman/templates/en/article.html/admindbpreamble.html
>

>What should I do to get the first examples interpreted by mailman/bin/arch ?
>Using other variables, or adapt mailman/bin/arch or...?

You need to look at the calls to quick_maketext() in
mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py. These are what get the
appropriate template file and provide the substitution dictionary (the
'd' argument) which is specific to each template.

If you want to add substitution variables to one of the archive
templates, you have to add their definitions to the dictionary passed
to quick_maketext() in HyperArch.py for that template.