[Mailman-Users] Announce ONLY list

Ki Song ki at knifecenter.com
Mon Sep 18 23:04:55 CEST 2006

> From: "Rob Jackson" <robertj at linux4free.com>
> Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:56:31 -0600
> To: <mailman-users at python.org>
> Subject: [Mailman-Users] Announce ONLY list
>
> I need to create an announce only list, where people can subscribe, but they
> cannot post.  I also have other lists that I will need to create continually
> that will not be this way.
>
> Is there a bit I can set for this list only so the subscribers cannot post.
>
> Thanks
> -Rob

I don't know if there is a bit you can set for it, but you can set the list
so that it is an announce only list in the administration interface
(web-based).

Basically, you only let messages that are "approved" by the moderator to be
allowed to be sent to the list.

That is exactly how I use this list as a newsletter, or, in your words, an
announce only list.

Regards,
Ki