[Mailman-Users] Matching mailman logs with MTA logs

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Mon Sep 18 05:18:08 CEST 2006

I suspect that there is an easy way of doing this, but I've missed
it.  I attempted to search for this, but just never got the right
search terms to turn up anything useful.

I would like to be able to find the corresponding MTA (in my case
Postfix) syslog entries for each entry in mailman's own smtp log.  I
know that I can match up by time, but is there an easier and more
reliable way?

Along the similar lines, I'm thinking about retaining the full
headers of all subscription confirmation messages.  (I can easily
deal with the ones that come in by HTTP separately).  Does anyone
have any suggestions about how to do this?

I'm using

    Mailman 2.1.6
    Postfix 2.2.5
    Python  2.4.1