[Mailman-Users] central location for /pythonlib/* formultipleinstallations

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Sep 16 15:08:02 CEST 2006

Bretton Vine wrote:

>Mark Sapiro said the following on 2006/09/15 04:42 PM:
>> I don't know why your installations were not all upgraded to email
>> 2.5.8 when you upgraded to 2.1.9, but they should have been.
>
>I'm just as puzzled ;-)

I think I have observed this happening in one way, but I'm not sure of
the details. Possibly the tarball is unpacked recursively so that the
unpack directory ends up containing misc/email-2.5.8/* instead of
misc/email-2.5.8.tar.gz before 'make install' is run. This may cause
the unpack/install of email-2.5.8 to fail leaving the old email
library in pythonlib.

Again, I'm not sure, but there also may be an issue if the tarball is
unpacked into the old unpack directory so there is more than one
version of the email library in misc/ in the unpack directory.