[Mailman-Users] Change Mailman Installer owner

Kory Wheatley wheakory at isu.edu
Fri Sep 15 19:41:07 CEST 2006

I didn't know what list to seen this to because it's kind of an
in-between question/help.

I currently I'm running Mailman 2.1.6 and want to upgrade to Mailman
2.1.9.  I'll do the basic procedure of ./configure and make install, but
I what to change the owner of the installer of Mailman and install it
with a different user.

Currently I installed mailman under an account callled wheakory and now
I want to configure Mailman under mailmgmt.  Would the following
procedure work:

First shutdown mailman
change ownership or group with:  find . -user wheakory -exec chown
mailmgmt {} \; find . -group wheakory -exec chgrp mailmgmt {} \;
Login as mailmgmt
cd to mailman-2.1.9
./configure (with our current parameters set)
make install
start mailman