[Mailman-Users] Virtual sites

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 14 07:34:53 CEST 2006

At 12:51 AM -0400 2006-09-14, Jim Popovitch wrote:

>  Looking up MX records is also the job of an MUA, and Mailman is very
>  much like an MUA, albeit on steroids.  IMHO of course.

I don't know of an MUA on the planet that looks up MX records.

Check your RFCs.  Checking MX records is most definitely the purview
of MTAs, since they're the ones expected to implement 2821 and to
ensure the rules of 2822 are followed (and correct if not).

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.