[Mailman-Users] Configuring the Subject of Confirmation Emails

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 15:53:00 CEST 2006

On 9/9/06, Christian.Hinken at sdm.de <Christian.Hinken at sdm.de> wrote:
> The subject of the confirmation emails sent when subscribing and unsubscribing to the mailing list has the form "confirm <cookie>".
>
> We do not need the cookie, because the content of the mail contains a link which contains the cookie. The link generates the mail to mailman.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do have some insight
about the reason for it.
The mail is constructed so that users can simply reply to the mail as
confirmation.. This is a fairly useful feature if, for instance,
they're in a text-only environment and don't want to have to retype
the link into a browser- assuming they even have access to one.

--
- Patrick Bogen