[Mailman-Users] Is Mailman Section 508 Compliant?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 8 19:01:58 CEST 2006

At 11:17 AM -0400 2006-09-08, Brian Oliver wrote:

>  1) Are newer releases of mailman more compliant?  If no, then are there
>  plans to make a future release compliant?

I certainly don't recall ever hearing of "Section 508 Compliance"
before, and using search engines looking for the term "Section 508
Compliance" on the python.org site, I don't come up with any hits at
all.

Searching a bit wider, I do come up with a couple of hits for
"Section 508" on the Mailman-related mailing lists, see
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2006-June.txt>
and
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2006-July.txt>
and search for "Section 508" on the page.

>  2) Anyone have any tips for me?

Well, at least some of the Mailman developers have at least heard of
it, but beyond the information found in the archives mentioned above,
I'm not sure that anyone has any new information.

Beyond that, you could always file a Request For Enhancement at the
Mailman RFE page on SourceForge (see
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=350103>), or
perhaps do some development of your own (or get someone else to do
the development for you) and then contribute that work back to the
project through the Mailman Patch page on SourceForge (see
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=300103>).

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.