[Mailman-Users] Google Mail and Mailman

Catherine Maxwell catmaxx at berrach.com
Thu Sep 7 15:05:27 CEST 2006

At 05:24 AM 9/7/2006, Thomas Eberle wrote:
>Now the question: Is ist possible to individualize the subject line like
>using a counter or placing a variable there that pulls the member's mail
>address from the database how it is standard in a mail merging software?

You could try to use Python format strings but my guess is that
Mailman will ignore them in the Subject: line.  You could place a
header at the top (first line) of the body of the message which
should help to identify each message as a unique message.

For example, in the Digest Options and Non-Digest Options, set the
following in the header block:

        This message is delivered to %(user_name)s at %(user_delivered_to)s

This would result in the subscriber's name and subscribed email
address to appear in the first line of the message body which should
identify it as a unique message to each address delivered to the same ISP.

--Catherine