[Mailman-Users] Hijacking threads and netiquette (was: e: Obscure addresses problem)

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Tue Sep 5 22:51:00 CEST 2006

David Dyer-Bennet sent the message below at 12:58 9/5/2006:

>I find I have mis-described the problem; Firefox *does* recognize the
>password and save it, I can see it in the list of saved passwords.
>What it doesn't do is *offer it back* when I return to the page.  Same
>net result, I have to look it up and put it in each time, but
>different path to get there.

Mailman is not broken just because it does not work the way you want
it to with the browser you have chosen to use. If you can show how
the implementation mailman uses is fundamentally wrong with a
reference to an applicable RFC, I think then it would be appropriate
for the mailman developers to address the issue. Until then, this is
a problem with your browser and the browser developer is the
appropriate organization to deal with the problem. Even if you did
come up with such a reference and mailman is fundamentally broken,
there are other issues that are likely to take priority over what is
really just a minor annoyance.

This list, being a support list for mailman, is thus not the
appropriate place to address this issue. Filing a bug report or
feature request with the developers of Firefox (or any other
similarly affected browser) is the right course of action.

Dragon