[Mailman-Users] Hijacking threads and netiquette (was: e: Obscure addresses problem)

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Tue Sep 5 21:53:00 CEST 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:23:42 -0500
"David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b at dd-b.net> wrote:

> My problem, as I have said from the beginning, is that browsers
> (specifically Firefox, though I note the same problem reported
> against Safari in feature request 966157) do not recognize the
> password field on the mailing list administrator login page as a
> password field, and hence do not offer to save it for me, and
> hence make it much, much harder to deal with mailing list
> administration than it needs to be.

What I cannot understand, since this is a browser issue, is that it
becomes a Mailman problem.  Should Mailman, and every web site on
the Internet, change their programming?  Should the browser
programmers change their programming?  I suppose the answer to those
questions depend on who is asked.

--
Raquel