[Mailman-Users] Obscure addresses problem

Karl Zander kwz-mm at commpartners.com
Mon Sep 4 17:24:26 CEST 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 07:04:37 -0700 (PDT)
  Jack Stone <antennex at swbell.net> wrote:

>  I cannot modify the "post-prosessing script" because I
>use the program "Mhonarc" to generate the searchable
>version of my archives since Mailman does not include
>that feature. It has the nice feature of truly obscuring
>(completely) the email addresses much better than just
>  amember at somewh.ere However, Mhonarc needs the
>regular email address to see it and convert to
>amember at xxxxxx.xx

[snip]

>  Please one more attempt to explain to me what to do &
>I'll go away -- happy as a "clam" if I get the right
>answer from anyone -- unless I'm the only one on this
>list with this problem.

I think what you are asking is specific to MHonArc.
 Mailman only calls MHonArc as an external archiver and
then Mailman assumes that external archiver knows what it
is doing.

I believe what you are looking for is called "SPAMMODE" in
MHonArc.

"SPAMMODE determines if MHonArc will perform actions to
deter spam address harvesters. If SPAMMODE is true, it
changes the default values of various resources that
display email addresses."

I don't know the specifics of enabling this in MHonArc as
I have just started looking at this myself.  You will want
to take a look at the MHonArc site for specifics,
www.mhonarc.org

--Karl