[Mailman-Users] quick script to rebuild subscriber list from logs

William Yardley mailman at veggiechinese.net
Sat Sep 2 00:50:03 CEST 2006

So I had a list configuration get hosed recently, and unfortunately, my
only backups were from after the configuration got hosed.

Fortunately, I had a Mailman subscription log dating back to before the
list was created, so I decided to throw together a little script to
rebuild the subscriber list.

Anyway, this isn't perfect / well thought-out, and isn't really designed
in a super user-friendly way, but thought I'd throw it out there in case
it helps out someone in a similar spot in the future.

The script reads a file named "subscribe" in the current directory, and
writes out a list of regular and digest subscribers based on that log
(you'd have to change the paths around if you don't want to write to
/tmp/digestfile and /tmp/regularfile).